Poison Oak or Poison Ivy is a plant (found in North America) that can wreak havoc on your skin if you touch it’s sap. When your skin comes in contact with the oil called Urushiol found in the sap of Poison Ivy your skin breaks out, you can see red itchy bumps or blisters on your skin and you will scratch till it bleeds. I’ve had this allergy once and it was not caused by Poison Oak but its relative Mango , yes you read it right. Mango, Cashew, Pistachio and Poison Oak(poison Ivy or Poison Sumac) are from the same family(Anacardiaceae).
Prevention is better than cure so make sure you don’t touch Cashew Nut Shell and stay away from Poison Oak and Mango Sap. You can still eat mango as long as someone else peels it for you because this culprit”Urushiol” is found only in Mango Sap not in its flesh.
I was rushed to the hospital because it was unbearable but the doctor’s medicine only worsen the condition. Then I decided to try my home remedies and believe me it worked like magic.I applied Neem and Aloe Vera Pack which gave me instant relief and cooling sensation and after a hot shower I rubbed inside of a Banana Peel directly on the affected area. It kinda made my skin numb and there was absolutely no itchy feeling, no rash, nothing. These remedies work wonders on Eczema too. It really proves that you can’t beat mother nature:)
You can mix Aloe Vera powder or Aloe Vera Gel with Neem Powder and enough water to make a thin paste and apply. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
Note: You can buy Certified Organic Essential and Carrier Oils, Herbs and other DIY Skin Care Ingredients here